Volgers

dinsdag 26 oktober 2010

N900 plays WebOs games

It's great to see that the Nokia underdog phone the N900 is capable of a lot of things, whether its running android, ubuntu or playing games from other platforms. This is why Nokia support similar methods of developing native Linux apps, namely SDL 1.2. Because the Palm Pre and the N900 share almost the same hardware (OMAP3430, PowerVR SGX, Open GL ES 2.0 support) you have great opportunities for cross-platform gaming. Some Maemo fanatics have taken this to heart and have released a "Preenv" package for the N900 that allows the phone to run unmodified webOS games.
Best of all no jailbreaking or rooting is needed, there's all the more reason for a developer to be attracted to MeeGo and webOS in the future.

23 opmerkingen:

  1. lol nice read full of interesting info :D

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. It's an amazing phone just far too heavy for me. Would NOT feel comfortable with this in my pocket.

    Also dude regarding my blog, what was the error with the video? No one has mentioned what's wrong with it, just some have said it doesn't work

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. i think i will get one of these

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Niiice phone, maybe I'll get it for my birthday :D

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. psh nokia phones are way past their prime

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Hey, I was actually using my mobile phone to take the set in Paris. :D

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Looks like a good phone :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Christmas is close. I think I'm going for either a new phone or new camera from Santa this year.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Very cool...Seen the playstation phone prototype yet?

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. I'm gonna get the HTC Desire Z soon :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. amazing phone i like nokia
    i follow u like your blog :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  12. I swear need for speed is for everything...

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen